Field Work Photos

Homepage Forums Pictures In The Field Field Work Photos

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Mackenzie White
    Participant

@egardner We would love to meet with you! The Chinle Formation is amazing and rich with fossils! If you have any more questions about SPS let me know! I am apart of their teen leadership program. Thank you!

Michael Reagin
    Participant

Field photos from Lee County, Florida March, 2017.  Collecting fossil shells and corals from the Upper Pliocene Golden Gate Member of the Tamiami Formation.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Eleanor Gardner

Awesome photos, @michael-reagin!  Did any other myFOSSIL members attend that trip?  Looks fun and picturesque!

Michael Reagin
    Participant

I looked before I posted but my three companions are not on myFossil.  What the pictures don’t tell is the more than one mile hike in to the new piles and the trip out loaded down with shell and coral.  Fortunately the wagon helped.

Eleanor Gardner

@michael-reagin – Sounds like you got your exercise that day, lol!  And I love the idea of adding a wagon to recommendations for field equipment 🙂

Victor Perez
    Participant

I had a fantastic time attending the Aurora Fossil Festival yet again and got to collect quite a bit! On Friday we collected at the Belgrade Quarry (first image) and spent some time on the Aurora spoil piles in the evening (second image). On Sunday we collected at Green Mill Run (third image) and visited @george-powell’s collection (fourth image). I’ll post more individual images in the fossil gallery. @lcone @cferrara @sboessenecker @rboessenecker @jeanette-pirlo @michelle-barboza @bmacfadden @dbohaska

Attachments:
    Julie Niederkorn
    Participant

It was great to see you there.  Looks like you found some great fossils.  George Powell’s collection is amazing!

Timothy Carroll
    Participant

Chopping rocks, several years ago, in Upstate New York’s Gull River Fm.

Attachments:
    Eleanor Gardner

Sounds like tough work, @timothy-carroll!  I’m not familiar with the Gull River Formation.  What is its age and what is it known for, fossil wise?

Timothy Carroll
    Participant

Hi, Eleanor. The Gull River Fm. is Late Ordovician.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.