Lycopod?

Homepage Forums What Is It? Lycopod?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RICHARD LEE
    Participant

Found this plant imprint on a rock yesterday. Moenkopi formation? Is it a lycopod? You might have to zoom in to see the lattice.

RICHARD LEE
    Participant

Attempt 3 to upload pic….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jennifer Bauer
    Participant

Hi, @richard-lee, was the error you were receiving about the size of the file or the file type?

@mackenzie-smith

MacKenzie Smith
    Participant

@richard-lee That would be my guess too.

RICHARD LEE
    Participant

Thanks guys. Yeah, it was the file size. I figured it out eventually.

@MacKenzie Smith were you commenting on the file size or the lycopod?

RICHARD LEE
    Participant

Are lycopods common in the Moenkopi? This is in southern Utah, if it matters.

RICHARD LEE
    Participant

Ug. So I assumed it was the Moenkopi because of info on a trails website, but the geological map of the Santa Clara quadrangle says it is Shinarump. So I guess that was the same member that I found my other specimen in, miles away.

Jennifer Bauer
    Participant

@richard-lee – have you played around in Macrostrat? It’s a cool digital geologic bedrock map: https://macrostrat.org/map/#/z=1.5/x=16/y=23/bedrock/lines/ you can move around to find what you are looking for.

They also have an option to search for strata: https://macrostrat.org/sift/#/strat_name_concept/9342

I think @mackenzie-smith was agreeing with your ID – I do too but am less familiar with fossil flora.

How big was your file? I think the size limit is 50 mb for fossil specimens but not sure about in forum posts.

RICHARD LEE
    Participant

@Jennifer Bauer

That’s an awesome resource, thank you!!!

Yes, the size limit is much higher in specimens.

MacKenzie Smith
    Participant

Yes, I was agreeing with the ID. I don’t know what’s common or not in that area, just that it would fit given the age.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.