Microscope for fossils

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hunter Thurmond
    Participant
    Jack Kallmeyer

@hunter-thurmond  Well, it looks like it should work OK.  I’m not familiar with the brand but as long as the optics are good it should work.  The sale price seems good too.

Hey guys, sorry for the delayed answer … I was quite busy building a brand new museum … hmmm well I still am but I will squeeze my answer in my packed schedule plan 😉

I agree with Jack … the price is super fair and the optic seems to be good. That scope will work for most use even for more professional needs. Good deal and thumbs up!

Btw.: Hey Jack @jkallmeyer how far along is the renovation of the Cincinnati Museum?

Best

Ronny

Hunter Thurmond
    Participant

Thanks everybody!

Jack Kallmeyer

@rleder  Hi Ronny!  It’s good to hear from you again.

The Museum work is progressing.  Still another year or so to go.  They only have the Children’s Museum and the Special Exhibits areas open.  Everything else, including the outside, is being “fixed.”

Do you remember that file transfer thing we used to get my videos to you?  For the life of me I can’t find the link to that and I may have another use. Could you send me something about that again?

Jack

Jack Kallmeyer

@rleder Hi Ronny.  I was going back through old forums and thought I’d update my previous answer about the Cincinnati Museum Center status.  The museum is open finally!   It’s been open for a month or so now.  However, they are only able to install exhibits in stages so only a few new exhibits are open (and none of the old ones).  They are revamping everything and only a few things will be as they were before the shut-down (the physical cave and ice age walk through are the same but will end up with new peripherals).  The only thing open in the natural history side is a brand new dinosaur exhibit with seven skeletons.  It’s pretty cool. The prep lab is open so visitors can see people working on fossils through a viewing window. They just opened the OMNI Max theater.  It has gone from film to digital with new screens, new audio and wider seats to fit our population 😉  The mosaics that fill the dome in the rotunda have all been cleaned one tile at a time.  This is amazing.

I hope your new museum is coming along as well.

Hey Jack, good to hear from you and the news are amazing. I have already checked the website of the Cincinnati Museum and was so amazed about the quality of all the work that was done. Thanks for the heads up. My new museum is growing even if it is just present in Virtual Reality at the moment. Since the old house is still opened and functional there is no need for any rush. The political background had to be perfect to instal my ideas. Now everything is ready and prepared for getting serious. That means I will get the building I always wanted in the centre of the city (a cultural melting pot) with outstanding architecture and twice the size as originally anticipated. Yeah, that feels great! Now it will take a bit longer but the results will be much more prominent – a once in a lifetime opportunity needs that well overthought developing process. Whenever to come jumping over to Germany just make sure to join me here in Leipzig.

All the best

Ronny

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.