The FOSSIL Project Community Survey

Homepage Forums Upcoming Opportunities The FOSSIL Project Community Survey

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sadie Mills
    Keymaster

Please help FOSSIL evaluate its impact on the paleontological community by taking our short survey. We are hoping to hear from anyone who has interacted with our website, social media, webinars, face-to-face events, and more! We truly appreciate you sharing your time and experiences with us. As a thank you for participating, up to 10 individuals who complete the survey will be awarded travel and lodging for a collecting trip in Eastern North Carolina, scheduled for the weekend of May 25-27, 2018. We can now add that during the trip, participants will have the opportunity to participate in a citizen science effort collecting rare extinct land mammals at the Belgrade Mine. For survey and award details, check out our FAQ below.

Ready to take the survey? Click here: https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eJyWo7zEEpITJgF

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the survey?

This survey aims to evaluate the impact of the FOSSIL Project on the paleontological community. All responses will remain anonymous, and will be used for reporting purposes to our funding agency, the National Science Foundation.

Who should fill out this survey?

Anyone who has interacted with the FOSSIL Project between the beginning of the project at the NAPC meeting in February, 2014 through January, 2018.

What if I haven’t done that much with the FOSSIL Project?

We’d still love to have you fill this out! No matter how large or small your interaction with FOSSIL, we’d like to hear from you. We’re aiming to hear from every single individual the FOSSIL Project has touched over the last 4 years.

What type of interaction counts?

Any interaction! You may have participated in myFOSSIL online, done a FOSSIL webinar, follow FOSSIL on social media, attended a FOSSIL event in person, or read the newsletter. You might have done all of these activities, or only one. Either way, we want to hear from you.

When is the survey due?

The survey has been extended to March 23rd! 

How long will the survey take me to fill out?

The survey should take no longer than 20 minutes.

What is the award for participating?

Up to ten participants will be selected to attend a fossil collecting trip in Eastern North Carolina, with travel and 2 nights lodging expenses paid for by FOSSIL. The trip will be scheduled the weekend of May 25-27, 2018. During the trip, participants will have the opportunity to participate in a citizen science effort collecting rare extinct land mammals at the Belgrade Mine. The awards are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes. Selected participants must be 18 years of age or older and live within the continental United States.

How are winners selected?

Every 100th person to complete the survey, and who meets the above requirements, will be selected to participate. 

When will we know if we’ve qualified to be sponsored for the collecting trip?

We’ll be contacting individuals who are receiving the award beginning April 2nd.

What if I have a question not answered here?

Please contact us at [email protected].

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Wendell Ricketts
    Participant

Might be a good idea to reach out to the folks at Aurora and mend fences a bit. They are being inundated with telephone calls and emails from people who took this message to mean that the Lee Creek mine was going to be opened up for a special group visit.

Sadie Mills
    Keymaster

Hi @wendell-ricketts, we’ve been in communication with the museum, and are working to clear up any confusion about our trip’s details. Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this matter!

Wendell Ricketts
    Participant

Thanks, Sadie!

W.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.