Upcoming Meetings

Homepage Forums Upcoming Opportunities Upcoming Meetings

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Hey all,

It might be a good idea to have a spot to share upcoming meetings and venues where we can collaborate in person.

For example, SEGSA or other regional GSA meetings, as well as meetings like PaleoFest and even SVP. It’d be good to know who is going where, and when.

Thoughts?

Lisa Lundgren
    Keymaster

@taorminalepore I like this! I wonder if the forum can be linked to the events calendar–like the info about the event myFOSSIL could have a link to this forum with the tagline “Want to see who else is attending? Check out the forum for xyz (event forum hyperlinked)”

Yeah! Do you think that might be doable? If nothing else, it’d be good to have a forum thread for people to post if they’re attending a certain conference and where/when/if to meet up and network with folks.

For example–I’ll be at the Cordilleran GSA meeting tomorrow and Wednesday! 🙂

Lisa Lundgren
    Keymaster

@taorminalepore I think it would be doable. @egardner, would this be something we could do?

Eleanor Gardner

I think so! Sorry, was out of the loop on this forum thread! 🙂 I’ll try moving these into a new forum now.

Edit: It worked, woohoo!

Cool beans, thanks guys!

@egardner
    @llundgren

Eleanor Gardner

@taorminalepore, @gsantos – The GSA 2016 national meeting is coming up quick! Will we see you there?

A large portion of the FOSSIL team (@bmacfadden, @rleder, @vperez, @llundgren, @kcrippen) will be there! 🙂

Anybody else? @bdattilo, @rebecca-freeman? Any Dry Dredgers, @jkallmeyer? Any Dallas Paleo members, @rodney-wise? What about Colorado locals – @dserratos or @conni-oconnor?

And we’d definitely love to see some WIPS members take advantage of our offer to pay the registration fees for 10 fossil club members to attend our pre-meeting short course on Sept 23 as well as the rest of the meeting Sept 25-28! @spassmore, @mbrowne

Cheers!
    -Eleanor

@egardner I’m going to be at SVP, not GSA national 🙁

Our paths will cross soon enough, I’m sure!

-Tara

Danielle Serratos
    Participant

Hello! I’ll be at GSA 2016 running the STEPPE booth as well as hosting the Paleontological Resources Preservation Act (PRPA) with The Paleo Society and SPNHC at the Hyatt Regency Mineral Hall B, Monday, Sept 26 at 1:30 pm.

If you’d like me to share anything (events, call to action, opportunities) via STEPPE’s social media accounts, please send me an message with all the details! @deeptimerocks & www.facebook.com/deeptimerocks/

Eleanor Gardner

Oh well, @taorminalepore – next time! 🙂

Awesome, @dserratos! We’ll see you in the “Paleo Aisle” of the exhibit hall — we have a booth there too. Thanks for the info on the PaleoSoc/SPNHC meeting about PRPA on Sept 26; I’ll add it to our events calendar. And I’ll be sure to share announcements with you, thank you!

Eleanor Gardner

@dserratos – A few of our members who cannot attend GSA 2016 are really interested in the PRPA townhall meeting. Will it be broadcast or recorded? I know that many fossil club members would like to watch/listen to the townhall, even though they can’t travel to Colorado.

@egardner – I will be at GSA this year talking about the Alf Museum program and am definitely going to try and make it to the short course!!

Eleanor Gardner

Great, @gsantos! I got your email earlier today and sent you a reply. 🙂

Lisa Lundgren
    Keymaster

Hi Danielle! (@dserratos) Eleanor and I do social media for FOSSIL–it’d be great to do some cooridination on social media on tweeting/sharing GSA stories, opportunities for our audiences, etc. Let’s definitely connect to strategize. Want to private message here, on Twitter, email, or set up a phone call (so many ways to connect!)?

Danielle Serratos
    Participant

@egardner – I’m looking into getting the PRPA Town Hall recorded or broadcast, I’ll get back to you as soon as I know what the plan is!

@llundgren
     – Sounds great! I’ll send a PM soon =)

Gwen Daley
    Participant

See y’all Friday, September 23, at the GSA Short Course!

Lisa Lundgren
    Keymaster

@gwen-daley, awesome! Looking forward to seeing you. Which part of the short course are you most interested in? We want to make sure that we meet our participants’ needs–it should be a great afternoon!

Debbie Krumm
    Participant

Greetings! I am also looking forward to meeting everyone on Friday. Welcome to beautiful Colorado! Can anyone recognize where I’m standing in this photo? (Answer: Siccar Point, Scotland).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lisa Lundgren
    Keymaster

Hi, @debbie-krumm Never been to Scotland although it looks like it is a great place to learn about geology and see beautiful country!
    I’m looking forward to coming back to Colorado for GSA and the short course. I grew up in Colorado, so I’m excited for cooler weather, drier air, and the mountains after the hot and humid Florida summer. I see your profile says you’re in Firestone. My stepdad lives in Dacono; you all are practically neighbors!

Debbie Krumm
    Participant

That’s right! Dacono is very close. And guess what? I used to live in Florida and worked at the museum as a grad student!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.