Reply To: Supporting women in paleo

Homepage Forums Women in Paleontology Forum Supporting women in paleo Reply To: Supporting women in paleo

Michelle Barboza
Participant

This is not necessarily an answer to what professional societies can do, but I recently came across an article titled “Calling All Men – Five Ways You Can Be A Feminist At Work.” I thought it was a great article because the fight for empowerment of women in society and the workplace is not a burden that should fall solely upon women. Feminism is not a gendered term – feminism is not just for females! This article lists five great ways men can be proactive, but it is just a great a read and about as relevant for women. Owning your feminism, speaking out, and taking action are the key points. While it seems to have become more acceptable to call oneself a feminist, I still see some people, including women, struggle with the term – it’s almost like a dirty word!

Thoughts? @bmacfadden @gsantos @vperez @erscott @smoran @jbloch @aaron-wood @afarke @egardner @llundgren @tmorgan @jbauer @jessie-matheny

Article: https://theconversation.com/calling-all-men-five-ways-you-can-be-a-feminist-at-work-61403