Reply To: Live Streaming During Fossil Club Meetings

Homepage Forums Ideas for New Forums Live Streaming During Fossil Club Meetings Reply To: Live Streaming During Fossil Club Meetings

Jack Kallmeyer

@egardner, @cathy-young,  @david-clark, @cferrara The Dry Dredgers has not done live streaming.  We do “tape” our speakers with permission.  Years ago, back in the day of 10 minute limits on videos, our education chair put the talks on YouTube in multiple parts.  That all ended when his son sat on his camcorder!  We have another person taping now but no one has taken interest in putting these on-line.  The on-line YouTube thing seemed good but then the talks are available to anyone – good news bad news – so no incentive to join the club.  If the streaming is limited to members that might be a better way to go.  I’d also need some “how to” directions.

I’m sure you will enjoy my four part presentation on how to collect fossils starting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tojnSb369-E&feature=related    Make sure to hang in there for the underwear discussion!

Jack