Bone

Homepage Forums What Is It? Bone

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sonya Babcock
    Participant

What kind is this

Needed to know if I need to report it

Looks like an infant tibia

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Victor Perez
    Participant

Does look like a tibia, but I can’t tell if it is a fossil or modern from the photo. Does it feel very dense or light?

Sonya Babcock
    Participant

Very light

Sonya Babcock
    Participant

And I don’t think it’s modern I’ve been working in something I found for a while now I’m pretty sure it’s a neanderthal skull I know thaTs crazy buy I’ve been researching…..

Sonya Babcock
    Participant

Do I need to post another photo cause I want to know if I need to turn it in to the authorities but if it’s fossil I’m not going to

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Victor Perez
    Participant

My assumption is that it is not a fossil, but there really is no way I can confirm that from a photo. There’s no scale bar in your photo, but it appears that the bone is too small to be from a hominid (human or neanderthal).

Sonya Babcock
    Participant

I didn’t mean this photo about the neanderthal thing….. But what kind of photo do you need?? A video??

Victor Perez
    Participant

I’m sorry I don’t really understand what you are asking. I don’t know what “authorities” you are worried about, but I cannot tell you about the legality of what you found from any photo or video. You may have to bring it to a museum and speak to someone in person.

Sonya Babcock
    Participant

I was meaning if I found a human bone I may have needed to turn it into the police….

Sam Ocon
    Participant

Hi @Sonya-Babcock, if you feel you have encountered a modern human grave site (i.e. finding associated bones), the best thing to do is contact local authorities and alert them to the location of the grave. However, due to the size and shape of this bone, I suspect this is just a modern animal bone and that there is nothing to worry about.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.