Can anyone help with these? Fossils and artifacts…

Homepage Forums What Is It? Can anyone help with these? Fossils and artifacts…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jonelle Forbes
    Participant

I have a LOT more but I don’t want to overwhem everyone 😆Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jonelle Forbes
    Participant

I have no knowledge about any of this, but I’ve found a lot of things in my yard recently..Thanks for your input!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Eleanor Gardner

Hi, @jonelle-forbes – Hope you don’t mind that I moved your post into the ‘What Is It’ forum.  Do you have any further information you could share about these finds (city/state info, did you find any of these on the beach, etc.)?

From a quick glance, it appears that you have quite a lot of quartz/agate pebbles.  Quartz comes in many different colors (see here: http://www.minerals.net/mineral/quartz.aspx).

Your second picture appears to have mostly modern invertebrate shells and coral pieces.  The specimens at the top of that picture might be fossilized, but I’d need individual pictures (with something for scale — do you have a penny?).

Lee Cone
    Participant

Yes, I agree with Eleanor that a little more information on the site location might be helpful.  I do see a number of different gastropods, tube worm castings, a turitella, and coral.  I am not well versed in minerals, but some of the stones just look like river stones to me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.