Fall issue of Fossil News Premieres at Denver Gem and Mineral Show

Homepage Forums Upcoming Opportunities Fall issue of Fossil News Premieres at Denver Gem and Mineral Show

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Wendell Ricketts
    Participant

The third issue of the “new” Fossil News: The Journal of Avocational Paleontology will premiere at the Denver Gem and Mineral Show at the Denver Mart, Expo Building, Sept. 16-18, 2016.

Back issues will also be on sale,  and subscription forms will be available. Stop by our booth to receive a special discount on annual subscriptions!

Wendell Ricketts

Fossil News: The Journal of Avocational Paleontology
    <i>Fossil News</i> Magazine
    https://twitter.com/Fossil_News

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Eleanor Gardner

We’ll just miss you in Denver, @wendell-ricketts! We’ll be there Sept 22-28 for the national annual meeting of the Geological Society of America. Any chance that some copies of Fossil News will make their way into the exhibit hall at GSA?

Cheers,
    Eleanor

Wendell Ricketts
    Participant

Dear Eleanor: My apologies for the terrible delay. I never realized I needed to do something to be notified of messages/replies on myFossil, so I’m reading your message now for the first time!

Because GSA was in Seattle this year, I did make a bunch of contacts to find out whether I could get Fossil News on display, but it was a no go. They only allow GSA pubs in the bookstore, the table prices were far out of my reach, and they don’t allow table-sharing. So small publications like ours are out of luck, I’m afraid.

Take good care!

W

Eleanor Gardner

Hi, Wendell @wendell-ricketts:

Sorry for the hiccup with notifications!  It might have been because you joined prior to automatic notification systems being put in place (?).

Did you move to Seattle recently?  I saw that you mentioned that you’re “settled in Seattle.”  If so, congrats on the move!  I myself recently left Florida for Lawrence, Kansas, where I’m now working at the University of Kansas Natural History Museum.

Sorry to hear that GSA makes things too complicated to get Fossil News on display. 🙁

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.