Micro-paleontology and micro-fossils

Homepage Forums Micropaleontology Micro-paleontology and micro-fossils

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mike Cable
    Participant

A forum devoted to both true micro-fossils, fossils that are best observed with magnification, preparation technique for micro-fossils, microscopes, photography and thin sections.

Eleanor Gardner

Hi, @mike-cable!  Great idea for a forum.  I can share some of the microfossil identification resources from my graduate micropaleontology course.  And perhaps @laura-cotton could join in on this forum as well — foraminifera are her specialty.  Mike, would you be the forum moderator?

Laura Cotton
    Participant

Hi @mike-cable and @egardner! Yes I would be happy to help with this. We need to spread the word that microfossils are just as cool (if not cooler) than all those macrofossils (Eleanor, I actually managed to log in again).

Eleanor Gardner

I’ll set up a forum, then!  @mike-cable, do you study a particular group of microfossils?  I’m partial to foraminifera myself.

@laura-cotton
    , very glad you found your log-in credentials!  Welcome back to the myFOSSIL site 😉

Geoff Ruonavarra
    Participant

Any idea whose winning this excrement show?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Geoff Ruonavarra
    Participant

Can someone id this hitchhiker? Applied a drop if water for clarity,  and after 15 minutes of bobbing up and down it got up and walked away

Attachments:
    Geoff Ruonavarra
    Participant

Another good one

Attachments:
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.