myFOSSIL Notifications

Homepage Forums Help Forum myFOSSIL Notifications

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michelle Barboza
    Participant

Hi, FOSSIL Team! I’m wondering, is there a way to receive automatic updates (either as myFOSSIL notifications or, preferably, as email notifications) letting members know when new posts have been added to either a group or forum to which they belong? For example, I am part of the Paleo Tutorial Group, but unless the person posting specifically tags me, I do not receive a notification. The same is true for forums. I logged on today to share an article I stumbled across which I felt was very interesting and relevant to the Women in Paleo forum, and I found that a member had actually shared the article last week – but despite the fact that there are members who would be interested in reading the article, there is no activity on the post because no members were notified. I’m sure not every member wants constant notifications, but it would be great to have an option so that members who join a forum or group to can opt to get notifications or even weekly updates.

@egardner
    @llundgren

Eleanor Gardner

Hi, @michelle-barboza – Good questions!

A ‘daily email digest’ feature (for Groups) is coming soon.  Our web developers have tested it out and I expect it to “go live” this week.  That should handle your question re: Groups.

For forums, you should “follow” each forum you are interested in.  This will enable you to receive notifications when anyone posts in the forums you follow.  Just click on the forum you’re interested in and on the first ‘page,’ there will be a brown link that says “Follow” in the upper right hand corner (under your profile picture).  That should handle your question re: Forums.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.