Photos from Belgrade PaleoBlitz

Homepage Forums PaleoBlitz Forum Photos from Belgrade PaleoBlitz

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Lisa Lundgren
    Keymaster

Hi everyone! We’re going to post some pictures of the Belgrade PaleoBlitz. Take a look at the wonderful people who participated and ask them questions about their experience!

Lisa Lundgren
    Keymaster

Hey @gail-fazzina! This is a great photo of you from the Belgrade PaleoBlitz. I’m wondering if you can share the set up for your homemade fossil sieve. I’m sure others could beenfit from your experience! Can you share what you used to make it?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lisa Lundgren
    Keymaster

@cathy-young, you had the more comfy set-up–achair for our hunting session. in a slow moving creek–so perfect. Your fossil sieve is pretty great too. I love that it has handles. Did you make it yourself or special order it? Any recommendations on materials?

Attachments:

Hey guys @llundgren, @cathy-young, @gail-fazzina,

I am thinking about creating a video tutorial how to DIY such sieves with simple plastic plumbing tubes and edges (just like the ones you have used) and how to bend the handles … what do you think? Should I?

best

Ronny

Gail Fazzina
    Participant

Yes, please. @rleder
    We go to Home Depot frequently in search of materials to try to make a better sieve.

Lisa Lundgren
    Keymaster

@gail-fazzina and @rleder –whoops! I posted my response to this in the activity feed itself of in this forum. But just to have the information here: I think it would be great if Gail wrote up a tutorial and then Ronny illustrated it. I like having two different ways that people could learn about making fossil screening sieves!

Lisa Lundgren
    Keymaster

@joyce-drakeford
    Hey Joyce! I know you took a bunch of matrix home–did you get to finding anything good yet? I forgot to ask after we finished hunting in the creek. Were you able to find anything good enough to go in your little pink bag?? That’s also a great field tool. Brightly colored, and mesh, so that water drains out. Love it!

Attachments:
    Lisa Lundgren
    Keymaster

@william-znidarsic and @smoran –you two seem to be in deep conversation about one of Bill’s finds. What were you discussing here?

Attachments:
    William Znidarsic
    Participant

Lisa (@llundgren) –

I think we were talking about that partial whale growth plate that I found.

Bill

Joyce Drakeford
    Participant

I haven’t had a chance yet. So many things to do. So little time. ๐Ÿ™‚

I love LOVE my bag that was given to me by my friend Al. He actually manufactures these for divers but I think they are perfect for the field. They have the clip and velcro across the top on the inside. Dries great even if you leave stuff in it. Is brightly colored, and has a ruler printed on the front!

Found some little goodies to out in it while there!

You can order them at meghunter.net.

See a snapshot attached.

Joyce Drakeford
    Participant

Trying again with the picture.

Maybe an upgrade to the site is file size. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Joyce Drakeford
    Participant

Guess not!

ok guys I will do it, @llundgren, @cathy-young, @gail-fazzina, it will be a short video but useful

cheers

Ronny

Eleanor Gardner

Hello, Belgrade PaleoBlitz participants!

@joy-rushing
    , @joyce-drakeford, @david-hanes, @julie-niederkorn, @scoller, @jon-cartier, @michael-reagin, @william-znidarsic, @cathy-young, @mary-harbison

Please don’t forget to submit your follow-up surveys: they are due today, May 20th! Click this link for access – survey link.

Thanks to all who have already turned it in! (I know that @rlangford has, and I believe @gail-fazzina and @paul-fazzina have as well)

Has anyone found any cool fossils lately? Please share your experiences with us! ๐Ÿ™‚ I heard through the grapevine that @vperez had a successful day on the Peace River recently — what did you find, Victor?

Julie Niederkorn
    Participant

Mary and I went to the Peace River a few weeks ago and had a blast! ย It was my first time in the river. ย Here is a picture of my biggest find. ย I took it to the North Carolina Fossil Club meeting last week and Vince Schneider identified it as a proximal end of a left ulna of a bison.

Attachments:
    Lisa Lundgren
    Keymaster

@julie-niederkorn, whoa! what a cool find, Julie! I still haven’t been to the Peace but have heard really great things about it. @vperez, didn’t you and @cferrara go recently? Find anything as good as Julie??

Jon Cartier
    Participant

I built a full size screen wood box screen that I can take apart and reassemble for air travel, but it needs some improvements before I publish.

Eleanor Gardner

@jon-cartier – Cool, Jon! Please post pics when you’re ready. Sounds like a great invention! ๐Ÿ™‚

Lisa Lundgren
    Keymaster

@jon-cartier Whoa. That does sound really convenient and helpful for someone who travels to fossil localities via air. I’d love to see what you’ve created when you’re ready to share!

Yes Jon @jon-cartier, please show us more of it!!! We need some pics ๐Ÿ˜‰

cheers

Ronny

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.