Potential Triassic Ichnofossil from the Culpeper Basin

Homepage Forums What Is It? Potential Triassic Ichnofossil from the Culpeper Basin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jacob Q. M. Polzin
    Participant

Over the past month I’ve been casually searching for footprint fossils from the Bull Run Formation, specifically in Manassas sandstone exposures. Today I went through stones with evidence of water ripples, raindrops, and what I can only assume is worm tunnels. After going through several I brushed off a slab that had multiple impressions of what appear to be footprint scratches along with water ripples. As this is the first time I’ve tried looking for dinosaur footprints I’m a complete beginner so I have no idea what I’ve found.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jacob Q. M. Polzin
    Participant

~

Attachments:
    Jacob Q. M. Polzin
    Participant

~~

Attachments:
    Jacob Q. M. Polzin
    Participant

<span class=”atwho-inserted” contenteditable=”false” data-atwho-at-query=”@taorminalepo”>@taorminalepore</span>         <span class=”atwho-inserted” contenteditable=”false” data-atwho-at-query=”@gretchen-g”>@gretchen-gurtler</span> <span class=”atwho-inserted” contenteditable=”false” data-atwho-at-query=”@hansdietersues”>@hansdietersues</span>

Is there any way one of you could take a quick look at these and let me know if the stone has fossilized footprints/foot-scratches?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.