rudist?

Homepage Forums What Is It? rudist?

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bruce Salas
    Participant

Hi,and tnx for add on the forum.is this a calcite replaced rudist?found in Croatia.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Eleanor Gardner

Hi, @bruce-salas!  Interesting find.  To me, it looks more like a calcareous concretion than a rudist. What do you think, @rleder?

@egardner @bruce-salas, looks indeed more like a concretion or at least like an unidentifiable fossil

best

Ronny

Bruce Salas
    Participant

@egardner @rleder Hi people tnx for answers..i love rudists and have various..here some to compare whit the first one.tnx.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Eleanor Gardner

@bruce-salas – Nice fossils!  Would you be interested in uploading images of them into our fossil gallery?

Regarding your original post, I still have a gut reaction that the second photo makes the mystery object appear more like a calcareous concretion. @rleder, what are your thoughts upon seeing the other pictures from Bruce?

Hey Bruce, @bruce-salas, I agree with Eleanors feelings about the object you have uploaded first. It still looks more like a concretion to me … sorry.

best

Ronny

Bruce Salas
    Participant

Tnx @egardner @rleder .. i got various pics of fossil i found,but how i got to upload?

Hey @bruce-salas,

there is a tutorial under the resources section about uploading 😉

best

Ronny

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.