Spam on myFOSSIL

Homepage Forums Help Forum Spam on myFOSSIL

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sadie Mills
    Keymaster

Use this forum to help us address and eliminate spam issues on myFOSSIL.

Sadie Mills
    Keymaster

Greetings FOSSIL Community,

Some of you may have recently encountered unwanted messages from spam accounts on the myFOSSIL website. We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience these messages may have caused, and are working diligently to update our registration page so spam bots cannot access the site.

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience. Please continue to alert us to suspicious activity on the site, as we want to address spam issues as quickly as we can.

Thank you, as always, for being a part of our social paleontology community!

Sadie

Thank you @sadie-mills for addressing this issue. Is there anyway we can help as the community? Is there we can flag messages or posts as spam? I received a message this morning from a “Moureen Max” living in Togo. Apparently, she is gonna die alone and wants to give me 10% her money. Haha.

Sadie Mills
    Keymaster

Hi @gsantos! At this time, there is no option for users to flag posts (however, that may be an option we consider moving forward).  Fortunately, we just today installed a new plug-in designed to keep robot spammers out of the system. If you still encounter a spam post/message, however, please let us know as soon as possible. You can alert us to spam by 1) submitting a usersnap (red button in the bottom right corner), 2) forwarding email spam to [email protected], or 3) tagging me (@sadie-mills) in a spam post.

As for Moureen, it looks like she offered a lot of us that inheritance deal… seems like there might not be enough 10%s to go around!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.