Are you at least 18 years of age?
1. Your First Name:
2. Your Last Name:
3. What are your affiliations (are you part of club or society; do you work at a museum, college or university)?
4. Briefly describe your interest(s) in using myFOSSIL.
Shark Fossils & Primate Evolution.
5. Which of the following best describes how you learned about myFOSSIL?
By searching and/or browsing the Internet
6. Which best defines your age?
7. Which of the following options best describes your occupation?
8. Choose the option that best describes your highest level of education.
9. Are you currently or have you ever been a professional paleontologist?
10. Are you or have you ever been a member or consider yourself affiliated with a group of people who collect fossils (i.e. a fossil club or society)?
11. Do you or have you ever collected fossils as a hobby?
12. For how many years have you been involved with fossils and paleontology?
13. Which best describes your use of social media?
14. Which social media networks do you use? Check all that you use.
16. For the social media network that you use most often, which of the following sentences best describes your use?
I check social media, but I don't post a lot of things.
17. myFOSSIL is based upon the concept of Social Paleontology. In your own words, what does this idea mean to you? Please be descriptive.
social – ˈsō-shəl | adjective : marked by or passed in pleasant companionship with friends or associates.
paleontology – pā-lē-ˌän-ˈtä-lə-jē | noun : a science dealing with the life of past geological periods as known from fossil remains.
18. Do you consent to participate?
Los Angeles, CA
Affiliations and Relevant Organizations
Southern California Paleontological Society
Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County