1 year, 3 months ago1 year, 3 months ago
I wasn’t sure if you all already knew about this, but ToScA is happening here at UF March 6-8, 2019. They have an abstract submission section for education and outreach – it might be cool to show some of the CT scanning/3D printing everyone’s been doing? Abstract deadline is Nov. 30th and here’s the direct link https://www.rms.org.uk/discover-engage/event-calendar/tosca-north-america-2019.html
And here’s a more detailed email about the meeting/abstract submission:
The second ToScA North America Symposium is to be held at the University of Florida. The symposium provides an opportunity for open discussions, networking with researchers and commercial industry representatives, and a platform to engage in collaborations across disciplines using tomography.
The symposium will include pre-conference hands-on software workshops, keynote speakers, student talks, poster presentations, and an image competition.
Abstracts are now being accepted for both talks and poster presentations.
Abstract Submission Deadline Date – Friday 30 November 2018.
To submit your talk / poster abstract for the symposium please follow the guidelines below:
- Abstracts should be submitted as a Word Document NOT a PDF
- Abstracts should be approximately 300 words in length
- Ensure you include a full title, all authors and affiliations and references if appropriate
- Include Keywords if possible
- You may include images or diagrams where appropriate
- Please indicate in your submission if you are a Student
- Presenting authors are required to register, pay and attend the symposium
- Please indicate which sessions your abstract would be most appropriate for from the list below:
- Organismal Biology – Research stemming from the oVert grant, biological sciences
- Education and Outreach – Science communication, public engagement
- Medicine and Veterinary Sciences – Medical applications, forensics, anthropology, bioengineering
- Materials Science and Engineering – Industrial applications, failure analysis, computer science, aerospace & mechanical engineering
- Agricultural Science and Food Technology – Industrial applications, plant science, entomology, food science & biotechnology
- Food and Cosmetology – Industrial applications, nanotechnology, foam analysis, porosity analysis, drug delivery, cosmetic science
- Earth and Space – Industrial applications, geology, petroleum engineering, astrophysics, cosmology
- Data Solutions – Data storage, owning, repurposing and management, software capabilities
- Future Advances and Complementary Technologies – Industrial advances, contrast staining, synchroton radiation micro/nano CT, multimodal imaging, 4DCT
Abstracts should be emailed as an attachment to Kate Wooding @ [email protected]
Image size: less than 2500 x 2500 pixels. If your image(s) are accepted we will request a high resolution version of the image from you (ideally 300dpi and more than 2500 x 2500 pixels).
Accepted image formats: .png, .tiff , .jpg and .bmp
File size limit: 2MB
Copyright: ToScA has permission to reproduce the images submitted although the copyright will remain with the originator.
To submit your image for the competition, please email Kate Wooding @ [email protected] and include the following information in your email:
Please attach a copy of your image in either .png, .tiff , .jpg or .bmp format no greater than 2MB.
Image submission deadline: Friday 30 November 2018.
More information at:
Dr. Luisa Amelia Dempere
Engineer and Director
Research Service Centers (RSC)
Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering