Collecting Buddies?

Homepage Forums Fossils of the Pacific Northwest Collecting Buddies?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Wendell Ricketts
    Participant

Now that I’m settled in Seattle, I’m jonesing for some collecting opportunities. If anyone is planning collecting trips — I know this isn’t the best season, but perhaps in Spring? — I hope you’ll keep me in mind. I’d be very happy to meet new fossil fans and, of course, share expenses, etc.

All best!

Wendell

Eleanor Gardner

Hey, @mackenzie-smith – Do you have any recommendations for Wendell @wendell-ricketts?

I’m thinking the Northwest Paleontological Association might be the closest club. @paul-kester, meet Wendell Ricketts, a fossil hound and the publisher of the revived Fossil News magazine; he previously lived in Florida and now lives in Seattle!

Another relatively close club is NARG. @acurrier, meet Wendell!

MacKenzie Smith
    Participant

Hello @wendell-ricketts!

@egardner
    is correct, NPA is the closest to you. Very close in fact! Here is their website http://nwpaleo.org/. @paul-kester is a member there. They have a lot of nice people and work closely with the Burke Museum at the University of Washington. Many of their members also belong to Friends of Stonerose up in Republic, WA (http://stonerosefossil.org/) and the North America Research Group (www.nargpaleo.org) in Hillsboro, OR. If you want to collect in WA, I would highly recommend joining NPA since it has become harder for amateurs to collect and they do partner digs with the Burke. @paul-kester is a great resource for collecting laws and regulations in WA.

What sort of fossils are you interested in?

Bronwyn Mayo
    Participant

Hello from the Wenas Mammoth Foundation here in Selah, WA.  We are new to my fossil and are looking forward to connecting with the fossil community.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Wendell Ricketts
    Participant

Hello @bronwyn-mayo. I’m in Seattle, so not exactly next door, but have also been hoping to find collecting buddies (relatively) nearby. You can reach me at [email protected]. Look forward to hearing from you — and maybe getting out in the field together!

Wendell

MacKenzie Smith
    Participant

Welcome @bronwyn-mayo, good to have ya!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.