FOSSIL Project/Dry Dredgers Mini-Conference, June 3-6, 2016

Homepage Forums Upcoming Opportunities FOSSIL Project/Dry Dredgers Mini-Conference, June 3-6, 2016

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Who will be attending the FOSSIL Project mini-conference in June, in Cincinnati?

I have a teaching engagement that I might be able to finish up by the beginning of June. If not, hopefully I can attend next time!

Lisa Lundgren
    Keymaster

I’ll be there! We’re going to have a lot of activities. We’ll be announcing the recipients of the Paleontological Society travel grant on April 15th, so we’ll have at least 10 people attending–oh and a bunch of the Dry Dredgers and North Coast Fossil Club members! ūüėČ

Eleanor Gardner

@jkallmeyer recently informed me of the sad news that myFOSSIL member¬†@robert-marsh passed away on November 30, 2016. ¬†Bob participated in the Cincinnati Mini Conference this past June and his love for fossil collecting was highly evident. ¬†Due to health complications, he was unable to clamber over the rocks at our various field trip stops, but Bob’s niece¬†and other Dry Dredgers brought specimens back to his minivan where he enthusiastically inspected them with a portable electronic microscope. ¬†The FOSSIL team extends our deepest condolences to Bob’s family, friends, and all of the Dry Dredgers who knew him. Please see an image of his obituary attached.

FYI Р@rleder, @llundgren, @bheimbrock, @kyle-hartshorn, @lcone, @matthew-croxton, @matthew-speights, @christa-speights, @bdattilo, @genny-green, @lmccall, @david-meyer, @markmehle, @willis-dc, @cameron-schwalbach, @cferrara, @terri-baroch, @dwswartz

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jack Kallmeyer

@egardner Thanks for posting. I attached a photo of Bob and Angelica from one of our Dry Dredgers meetings. Bob is in the center foreground wearing a hat and Angelica is seated close by wearing a yellow shirt and black jacket.

Jack

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

@egardner, @jkallmeyer,

it is so sad to hear that, I remember him well, we had a very delightful conversation at the Cinci miniconference, my best wishes for his family

all the best

Ronny

Lisa Lundgren
    Keymaster

@jkallmeyer¬†thank you so much for sharing this sad news. Bob seemed like a wonderful man who had a true passion for fossil collecting. I’m glad I got to meet him on the Cincinnati Mini Conference. My deepest condolences for the loss of one of your members.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.