FOSSIL Project/Dry Dredgers Mini-Conference, June 3-6, 2016

Homepage Forums Upcoming Opportunities FOSSIL Project/Dry Dredgers Mini-Conference, June 3-6, 2016

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Who will be attending the FOSSIL Project mini-conference in June, in Cincinnati?

I have a teaching engagement that I might be able to finish up by the beginning of June. If not, hopefully I can attend next time!

Lisa Lundgren
    Keymaster

I’ll be there! We’re going to have a lot of activities. We’ll be announcing the recipients of the Paleontological Society travel grant on April 15th, so we’ll have at least 10 people attending–oh and a bunch of the Dry Dredgers and North Coast Fossil Club members! 😉

Eleanor Gardner

@jkallmeyer recently informed me of the sad news that myFOSSIL member @robert-marsh passed away on November 30, 2016.  Bob participated in the Cincinnati Mini Conference this past June and his love for fossil collecting was highly evident.  Due to health complications, he was unable to clamber over the rocks at our various field trip stops, but Bob’s niece and other Dry Dredgers brought specimens back to his minivan where he enthusiastically inspected them with a portable electronic microscope.  The FOSSIL team extends our deepest condolences to Bob’s family, friends, and all of the Dry Dredgers who knew him. Please see an image of his obituary attached.

FYI – @rleder, @llundgren, @bheimbrock, @kyle-hartshorn, @lcone, @matthew-croxton, @matthew-speights, @christa-speights, @bdattilo, @genny-green, @lmccall, @david-meyer, @markmehle, @willis-dc, @cameron-schwalbach, @cferrara, @terri-baroch, @dwswartz

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jack Kallmeyer

@egardner Thanks for posting. I attached a photo of Bob and Angelica from one of our Dry Dredgers meetings. Bob is in the center foreground wearing a hat and Angelica is seated close by wearing a yellow shirt and black jacket.

Jack

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

@egardner, @jkallmeyer,

it is so sad to hear that, I remember him well, we had a very delightful conversation at the Cinci miniconference, my best wishes for his family

all the best

Ronny

Lisa Lundgren
    Keymaster

@jkallmeyer thank you so much for sharing this sad news. Bob seemed like a wonderful man who had a true passion for fossil collecting. I’m glad I got to meet him on the Cincinnati Mini Conference. My deepest condolences for the loss of one of your members.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.