Reply To: Stefen (2014) Cranial morphology of the Oligocene beaver Capacikala gradatus…

Homepage Forums Open Access Papers Stefen (2014) Cranial morphology of the Oligocene beaver Capacikala gradatus… Reply To: Stefen (2014) Cranial morphology of the Oligocene beaver Capacikala gradatus…

Sadie Mills
Keymaster

Thanks @llundgren for the summary, and @taorminalepore for the great overview of the skull anatomy terms!

Like Lisa wrote in her summary, I wondered what a “sister group” means? It had been a while since my college evolutionary biology classes, so I did some Googling to review and found a great, short phylogeny overview from UC Berkeley, including a simple sister group diagram: https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/phylogenetics_02

The authors mention that their phylogenetic conclusions should be viewed with caution, however, due to low bootstrap support.  @jbokor, @bmacfadden, @smoran – you were all recommended as people with phylogenetic knowledge, can anyone help explain what that means? Thanks!

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.